Monday 27 January 2014

Chanel Spring 2014: Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in Diapason (92) Review and Swatches

Hello Beautifuls!

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre is one of my most loved formulas for eye shadow. It's a gel-based eye shadows with thickness of a cream. It's long lasting, non creasing, and very easy to blend. For spring, Chanel releases two shades for Ilussion D'Ombre: Diapason (92) and Impulsion (93). Diapason is added to permanent line, while Impulsion is limited edition. When swatch those 2 eye shadows in the store, I definitely knew that I wanted Diapason more than Impulsion. Diapason is a deep purple with a shimmering finish, while Impulsion is a luminous pastel pink.

 
 
 
 
 
 
I love good purple eye shadow, and Diapason doesn't disappoint me. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Diapason is really beautiful, it has duochrome element to it. Sometimes I saw it as dark purple, other times as plummy brown. It all depends on the light because it has brown-based to it. In my opinion it resembles with other Illusion D'Ombre in my stash - Fatal. I will do quick comparison between Diapason and Fatal.




On the left is Diapason, and the right one is Fatal. Seen in the pot, they're so different with each other.


 
The left swatch is Diapason, while the right swatch is Fatal. Now, once they swatch together, they really do look alike, don't they? However, we can see that the amount of glitter in Diapason is much more subtle than Fatal and it is much darker than Fatal. If you like dark Illusion D'Ombre but want it to be less glittery, then Diapason has your name written on it.
 
What do you guys think of Diapason?
 
xoxo,
Ivana
 




2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Beautiful color!
    I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin. Hope you will follow me back ♥

    xx
    Nathalie
    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl
    https://www.facebook.com/nathalie.kemna.official

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie,
      thank you for dropping by, and yes it is indeed a beautiful color, I love it very much :D Followed you back. xx
      Ivana

      Delete