Sunday 5 January 2014

Chanel: Mousse Douceur, Hydra Beauty Serum, UV Essentiel SPF 50 Review

Hello hello!

I received few samples from Chanel skincare when I made a purchase a while back ago. I'm quite excited to try these samples because I heard that some products from Chanel skincare is really good, although the price is on the steeper side. So it's nice to have the samples to try before buying the actual product :D



1. Mousse Douceur : Rinse-off Foaming Mousse Cleanser Balance + Anti Pollution

On Chanel website:
"A rinse-off foaming mousse cleanser and makeup remover for normal-to-combination skin with the de-polluting power of Tulip Tree Extract and the emollient properties of Mallow Extract. Gently purifies while respecting skin's eco-balance, with moisturizing effects."

The texture:

 
 
 
 
My thought:
After using this to wash my face few times, I can say that this cleanser is not suitable for dry skin. As the website said, it is for normal to combination skin. It is so drying on my skin as I feel my skin is quite tight after I use this. It does leave my face squeaky clean and smell nice, but the cleanser is quite perfumed for sensitive skin. I only need a tiny dab to make a mountain of foam. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry skin, but it's suitable for combination and oily skin in my opinion.
 
 
2. Hydra Beauty Serum: Hydration Protection Radiance
 
On Chanel website:
"At the heart of the HYDRA BEAUTY range: Camellia Alba PFA*, an active ingredient that promotes optimal moisture retention within skin cells. When combined with an improved, more powerful version of Blue Ginger PFA, a vital antioxidant, the perfect synergy of ultimate hydration and protection is created. With added Hyaluronic Acid, the Sérum immediately hydrates and protects the skin. Fresh and soothing, it comforts and boosts overall radiance. Ideal for all skin types.
*PFA: Polyfractioned Active. An ultra-pure, ultra-powerful ingredient created through an exclusive purification technique developed by Chanel."

The texture:
 
 
My thought:
This is definitely the most heavily fragranced out of 3 samples I got, and I can say I doubt that it would suitable for my sensitive skin. However, it has floral scent that is really pleasant. It feels lightweight and it's hydrating which is a plus point. It's moderately fast to be absorbed into my skin as well.




3. UV Essentiel: Complete Sunscreen UV Protection Anti-Pollution SPF 50

On Chanel website:
"Ultimately defending skin’s beauty all year long, this lightweight sunscreen, specially formulated for the face, offers a range of protection levels to suit any lifestyle. Optimally filters harmful UVA and UVB rays, free radicals and urban pollution as it shelters skin from photo-aging and hyperpigmentation."

The texture:
 

My thought:
Chanel offers few types of this sunscreen, depends on the type of protection you need: SPF 20, SPF 30, and SPF 50. I personally prefer sunscreen with higher SPF for ultimate protection. I like this sunscreen as it is not heavily fragranced but still smell pleasant. It's also not so oily like other sunscreen and it feels great on my skin.

Overall thoughts
I think Chanel produce great skincare for not so sensitive skin type. As it's heavily fragranced compare to other brand that I've tried, I am not so sure if this is suitable for sensitive skin. It doesn't cause me breakouts after few days using it, but you can always ask for samples from Chanel SA before you make the purchase :)

Hope this review has been helpful and thank you for reading!

Happy Sunday everyone,
xoxo
Ivana




No comments:

Post a Comment