Sunday 15 December 2013

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette: Review, Swatches and LOTD

Hi hi!

It's quite rare nowadays to find a very good quality of all matte eye shadow palette. I was so glad when I found this palette at Sasa. It retails at SGD 45.

Let's take a look at Meet Matt(e) eye shadow palette!

the front cover

the back cover
 
Meet Matte eye shadows 



I think the name is so clever! Meet Matt, and there are 9 Matts on the palette plus a dual-ended brush. The packaging is a nice square-ish heavy duty cardboard and very travel friendly.

The swatches:

without flash

with flash

This all matte eye shadow palette from theBalm doesn't disappoint me. The shades are all smooth and buttery, which I like. The colour payoffs are great, what you see at the palette is what you get when you apply. However, there are 2 shades that are not so pigmented. They are Matt Smith and Matt Chung. I honestly don't have any idea how to work with these 2 shades as the colour doesn't really show off on my skin. I think probably people with darker skin tone will enjoy these 2 shades more than I do. I also don't quite like Matt Chung's texture, as it feels a bit too chalky for my liking. But beside all this, I love this palette!

Look of the Day:


Face & Lips
Givenchy Photo Perfexion Light Liquid Foundation
La Prairie Loose Powder
Benefit Dandelion Blush
Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Matt Batali (inner & outer lid)
Matt Gallagher & Matt Ramirez (eyebrow)
Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner
Benefit They're Real Mascara

Hope you like this review. and thank you for reading!

xoxo,
Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment