Wednesday 25 December 2013

Pampering Time: Clarins, The Face Shop, Clinique, Bliss

Hi guys!

Can you believe that it's Christmas again? I mean I feel that it is just like a blink of an eye and we almost reach the end of 2013!

It's the most wonderful time of the year... The day is filled with many events and gathering with family and friends, which will make our skin looks tired by the end of the day. Pampering our skin once in a while is important,  to make sure we can still look fresh despite our hectic schedule.

Once in a week, or once in two weeks, I will do my "skin pampering" time. I always love Clarins, it's my go-to skincare for 6 years. The routine start with Clarins Gentle Renewing Brightening Peel. It's a chemical exfoliates, it serves same function as physical exfoliates such as scrubs. But since my skin is very sensitive, I chose to use chemical exfoliates like this one as it is more gentle.

front

back

texture

As we can see from the picture, the texture is watery like, and have a very subtle fragrance which I like and suitable for any sensitive skin. I apply it on the cotton pad and gently dab all over my face except my eye contour area. I especially dab it on my nose as it has few blackheads. In my opinion, exfoliating your skin before putting mask on is very important because it just cleans your face.

 The Face Shop Avocado Sheet Mask
 

 
After that I use Avocado sheet mask from The Face Shop. I have tried many sheet masks from The Face Shop, and I think this Avocado mask is the best for sensitive skin. It doesn't cause me any breakouts, and it leave my skin glowing and fresh.

front

back

texture
 

Next after taking the mask off, I leave it for 5 minutes and rinse my face. I know some people will not rinse it off, but I personally prefer to rinse it off. I will then apply Clarins Intensive Brightening Serum. It has quite the same texture with Clarins Gentle Renewing Brightening Peel, but a little bit more dense. I like to use this serum because it leaves my skin supple. However the price is on the steeper side, so usually I will think twice before purchasing this serum.

Clinique Youth Surge Night

texture


After using the serum, I will apply my daily night cream, Clinique Youth Surge Night for dry combination skin. I used to have Clarins Night Cream from the brightening series as well, but I don't like it. It is the only one Clarins product that is not working for me. So I just try this Clinique night cream, but I am still searching for the better night cream that is suitable for my skin. If you guys have suggestion about night cream, just leave a reply in comment section about your favourite night cream! :) Clinique Youth Surge Night is a good night cream though. The texture is similar to common night cream which has rich and creamy texture.


front
 
back

texture

I don't forget about my eye area as well, I will apply tiny amount of Bliss Fabulous Every Day Eye Cream on my upper eye lid and my eye bag. I usually apply this eye cream in the night. I think this eye cream is good enough for me now, as I'm still on my 20s I feel I don't need a very much heavy eye cream. This eye cream is very lightweight and doesn't weight my eyes down which is a good thing, but still hydrate my eyes. And one more good thing is the price is not so expensive compare to other eye cream in the market, I got this for less than SGD 50 at Sephora (I forget the exact price).

Hope you guys have a jolly Christmas! Happy holidays everyone, and thanks for reading!



xoxo,
Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment