Thursday 19 December 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara Review

I got this mascara from Benefit Do The Bright Thing Makeup Kit which has been reviewed before. I was happy with my purchase of this makeup kit, but surprisingly, I'm not impressed by their mascara. This mascara has gotten so much hype among beauties junkie, but it just didn't work so well for me.

They're Real Mascara

the mascara wand and formula

The mascara that I got is actually the mini version of They're Real mascara. The normal size is much bigger than this. However I was quite relieved that I didn't purchase the bigger version as this product fails me :( I don't know if maybe the mini size version performance is less stellar than the bigger version, but I think I will just try another brand of mascara once I finish this one.

Left: bare lashes. Right: after apply one coat

It's actually quite impressive for lengthening, it can lengthens my lashes just after applying one coat. The problem is, they smudge after few hours of application. The smudge is not really bad that it makes me look like having Panda eyes, but still, I hate mascara that cause smudging. As far as I know, this is not a waterproof mascara, so maybe that what caused the smudging in the first place.

Overall I think some drugstore mascara is much better than They're Real mascara in terms of price and performance that they deliver.

Thanks for reading guys!

xoxo,
Ivana

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this mascara. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm glad that you love this stuff! Some people swear by it so I know you're not alone

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivana, I just finished testing out this mascara and it didn't work well for me either! It didn't even lengthen my lashes, just made them thick and black. A lot of people do love this though!

    ReplyDelete